I Love being a mom because…
When I fetch my little son from school, he has glitter all over his hands and with sparkling eyes he tells me that he is: “making somefing for muvver’s day”! My daughter who is knitting something for Father’s day already (goodness knows what!), assures me that mother’s day is already taken care of! I love being a mom – I love the snuggles, the kisses, the squeals of delight. I love seeing the world afresh through their innocent rainbow vision. I love that I am tall, blond, funky and happy in their hand drawn pictures. I love that I can drop big hints for a ‘Salmon and a Master Chef Mother’s Day lunch’ and that they obediently pass this message on to their assistant (DAD) because big sister insists they need money to make this happen, but little brother believes: “all you need is luff!” Yes, I am still in the cute, ‘fluffy stage’ and embracing it all – you may be in the pimply teen phase or beyond, wherever you are on the Mother’s Day Spectrum – Enjoy the spoil!
Talking Rainbow vision and spoils for mum, consider the following:
- Find stunning gift ideas on Just Boutique’s directory: http://www.justboutique.net
- There is nothing like a Mother’s Day Pamper. Sole’ Salon’s and Spa have some awesome specials on – check their Facebook page for details:
- If mum it a tea pot – Foodpak has some lovely specials on their speciality teas, pots and infusers.
- Saturday 9th May: Zumbathon with The Sunflower Fund, 10am-12:30pm. R50 Alexandra High School. See Poster below.
- Thurs 14th May: “The Girl with the Golden Voice” is hosted by the Sunflower Fund and their Music for Marrow Campaign. Cat Simoni is the “Double 0 Bond girl” in this James Bond themed evening. The venue is The Hilton Bush Lodge @ R295pp including a 3 course meal. Bookings with Kenwyn on 0836323224 Email: Kenwyn@sunflowerfund.org.za
- Just Boutique Directory: Gorgeous Food, Cakes, Parties, Bridal and Music, Entertainment & Special Events, Décor, Clothing and Accessories, Kid’s Stuff, Special Memories & more….
So to all our Moms – enjoy your day – you certainly deserve it!